German cockroaches are more than a nuisance, as they have been tracked to outbreaks of serious diseases, reportedly spreading dozens of different bacteria, parasites, and other pathogens. These pests can pick up germs on their legs and bodies as they crawl through sewage and trash, carrying these microbes onto food and food surfaces, making it imperative to get rid of cockroaches for the health and well-being of your family.
Professional pest control in Vail with knowledge of how to get rid of German cockroaches is one call away to RAM Wildlife & Pest Management.
How To Identify A German Cockroach
Identification of German cockroaches is easy, as they are 1/2” to 5/8” long and light brown to tan in color with two dark, parallel stripes on their backs, behind their heads. They have six legs, a pair of antennae, and are oval-shaped. They have wings, although they rarely fly, preferring, instead, to run.
Getting rid of German cockroaches in Vail is possible with good sanitation, although, since roaches can hitchhike into a structure, it’s always possible for an infestation to start.
Why German Cockroaches Are Worse Than Others
Typically, German cockroaches are more dangerous than other types of roaches because they can reproduce quickly, reaching adulthood four times faster than other species of roach. In addition, the female of the species can lay up to thirty eggs at a time, potentially creating 150 newborn roaches to infest your home.
This type of roach is also dangerous to human health, spreading diseases such as salmonellosis and dysentery, and producing allergens and triggering asthma in children and people with compromised immune systems. For these reasons, it’s important to find someone who knows how to get rid of cockroaches in Vail to treat your home safely.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of German Cockroaches
If you notice German cockroaches or signs of them in your home, you should contact a professional as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the worse the infestation will become. When it comes to German cockroaches, DIY and store-bought solutions are rarely effective. Your best bet is always to reach out to a professional pest control company that has the experience and products to fully eliminate the cockroaches from your Vail home.
For effective cockroach control in Vail, contact the experts at RAM Wildlife & Pest Management. We have 25 years of experience and provide same-day and next-day services. Give us a call today to schedule your free inspection.
Five Tips To Prevent Future German Cockroach Infestation
Preventing an infestation of German cockroaches is dependent upon making sure you know some tactics for eliminating factors that draw cockroaches to your property.
- Check for any openings around your home, paying particular attention to the foundation. Fill any cracks or crevices with caulk to seal entrances pests may use to enter the building.
- Inspect windows, pipes, and other fittings that lead into your home and seal any gaps. Put screens on your windows and use silicone and caulk to seal any gaps.
- Seal all exterior entrances against bugs by using weather stripping or replacing weather stripping around your exterior doors and windows.
- Make sure garbage and recycling are in containers with tight lids and at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Clean up spills and wipe counters and tables, so pests aren’t attracted to the smell of food. Put food into air-tight containers or into the refrigerator. This includes pet food.
If these tips fail and the cockroach infestation in your home persists, contact RAM Pest Control to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Vail. We offer same-day or next-day services and free inspections for new customers to get rid of pests as quickly as possible.