Mice are a nuisance pest found throughout the United States and pose significant health risks, breeding rapidly and adapting quickly to changing conditions. A mouse infestation can become a huge problem very quickly, so contacting a Vail pest control company is the only way to be certain that rodents don't reinfest your home once they're gone. RAM Wildlife & Pest Management can help get rid of mice, ensuring the safety and well-being of your family.
Clear Signs Of A Mouse Infestation In Your Home
There are certain mouse infestation signs to look out for when trying to discern if you have a Vail mouse problem.
Here are five obvious signs of a mouse infestation:
- You may find damaged goods around your home. Mice prefer cereal or seeds but will eat insects trapped in glue traps.
- Mouse droppings are an obvious sign of a mouse problem, and they may be either soft and moist or dried and hard.
- The smell of mouse urine may become particularly strong if there are many mice in a particular area, as mice use urine to communicate.
- Mice will leave rub marks on walls where they travel. These marks are often found along pathways where droppings and footprints are spotted. Their tracks are easily identifiable by the imprints of their 4-toed front feet and 5-toed hind feet. There will also be droppings along these runways.
- Gnaw marks on paper items, furniture, or wallpaper. These gnaw marks may be smooth or rough. There may also be burrows, which are nests made of gnawed materials such as insulation.
Finding any of these signs of a mouse problem is an indication that you should contact a professional to help get rid of mice in your Vail home, as this is the most expedient way to clear up the problem.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
Mice can pose serious health risks, carrying diseases and contaminating stored food. Even if they are hidden, they can cause illness, spreading salmonellosis, leptospirosis, and other bacterial infections through food contaminated by rodent feces.
Mice may also bring fleas, ticks, lice, and mites into your home, and are an all-around health hazard, so knowing how to keep mice away is important for the health and safety of your family.
Why Mouse Traps Aren't Enough To Get Rid Of An Infestation
Mice breed very rapidly; in effect, a female mouse can produce up to 35 young per year, so mouse traps may not be enough to get rid of a mouse infestation. In fact, mice may ignore traps because of their placement. If the traps are placed in locations where there is less mouse activity, they won't find them. And if you don't use gloves when setting the traps, the mice may avoid the trap entirely.
To keep mice away, homeowners must be aware of the signs of mice and know when to call in a professional rodent exclusion service in Vail.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Mice In Your Home
Getting rid of mice in Vail may be difficult when you try to do it without professional help. That's why RAM Wildlife & Pest Management's team of professional experts uses the most effective methods of rodent removal to make sure your home is free of mice and stays that way. Contact us now for more information about our residential and commercial pest control services in Vail. Our team is committed to resolving your pest problems. Schedule your inspection to make sure that mice stay off of your Vail property.